3D Cell Culture
Key advantages of our technology
+ Extracellular Matrix (ECM)-based cell culture : Alginate, Matrigel, Collagen, etc
+ Easy washing & staining
+ High-throughput screening platform
+ Cost effectiveness for valuable human cells & test compounds
+ Social responsibility minimizing need for animal testing
General Procedure of 3D cell culture and drug efficacy test
1day pre-incubation for high cell viability
Compound exposure for two doubling times
Cell staining & chip scanning
3D cultured SW620 cells
Live cells vs. dead cells
Morphology comparison for 3D cell culture (Suspension vs. ECM)
Suspension Cell Culture (96 well plate)
ECM Cell Culture (Micropillar chip & 0.5% alginate of 30nL spot)
Cell Printing with Microarrayer
- Microarray bioprinting is an important advancement in the field of miniaturized assay development and HTS.
- Microarray spotters allow one to dispense extremely small volumes (typically 20 nL to 1000 nL per droplet) of biological samples in microtiter plates.
- Biological samples are, for example, reagents, growth media, compounds, hydrogels, genes, proteins, viruses, and cells.
- The process of cell printing in hydrogels on a plastic plate allows a precise positioning of human cell spots, leading to the creation of more physiological relevance of human cells grown in three dimensions (3D).
Non-contact printing techniques
- Solenoid valves are the most commonly used in non-contact printing with the electromagnetic induction.
- Solenoid valves can handle colloidal samples quite well.
General Procedure for Cell Printing
Inspection of Plate Alignment by Camera
Automatic Identification of Spot Location
Valve and Tip Washing
Tip Washing in Water
Tip Drying by Vacuum
Automatic Measurement of Droplet
Sample Spotting on Plate
Accuracy for cell spotting
- 78±9 cells/plate @ target 80 cells/plate (CV12%)
(a) The average number of cells dispensed in chips when 80 cells per 40nL alginate spot were dipensed, 78±9 cells/micropillar (CV 12%)
(b) After scanning the Cellvitro™ 532 chip using the ASFA™ Scanner, measure the number of cells on one micropillar using the EZ Analyzer (Green: Actual living cells, Red color: Analysis result)
(c) The number of cells in each micropillar of Cellvitro™ 532P chip (3192 micropillars in a total of 6 chips)