Cellvitro™ with active human metabolizing enzymes (mixtures or human liver microsomes) encapsulated in a hydrogel matrix offers drug metabolism and enzyme inhibition by compounds
Breadth of drug matabolizing enzymes used on the Cellvitro™ well platform
* Example: Scanned image of the Cellvitro platform containing THLE-2 cells co-expressing GFP and RFP (left) and the expression levels of GFP and RFP in THLE-2 cells achieved by co-transfecting different ratios of adenoviruses carrying genes for GFP (ad-GFP) and RFP (Ad-RFP) (right)
[Nature Communications, 5:3739 (06 May 2014)]
Typical experimental procedures for toxicology screening
1 Chip preparation : cell, enzyme, virus spotting
2 Test compound spotting on the chip
3 Stamping chips to transfer compounds to cells
4 Chip incubation in a gas-permeable chamber
5 Cell staining after chip incubation
6 Chip scanning to obtain scanned images
7 Data analysis tp plot dose-response curves and calculate IC50 values of test compounds
* Efficacy testing on various cells is possible except for the cells mentioned in the table above.
Example : Scanned image of a single Cellvitro™ 532 pillar chip exposed to 12 drugs, each drug with 6 dosages, and obtained dose 12 response curves and their corresponding IC50 values
* Anal. Chem., 86(1) (Jan 7 2014) 535-542.
- MBD offers the efficacy of various drugs using cell lines and patient-derived cells on a proprietary pillar/well platform.
- A human-like environment will be provided using a hydrogel-based three-dimensional cell culture.
* Hydrogels used for cell encapsulation: alginate, fibrinogen, PuraMatrix, Matrigel, Collagen
Breadth of cell lines used on the Cellvitro™ pillar platform